Taking things a tone brighter, orange cantaloupe is ripe and juicy this time of year, and this refreshing recipelets you enjoy it in two ways. Whip it up in a smoothie or freeze and enjoy as a sorbet. Waku Lemon Mint tea and honey adds to the cantaloupe flavor, and you can even pour some vodka into the sorbet for an elevated dessert.
- 1 cantaloupe, seeded and cut into medium diced squares
- 3-4 oz (6-8 oz for smoothie) Waku Lemon Mint tea
- 1-2 Tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp vodka, optional
- 2-4 oz crushed ice, optional
- Beat the summer heat! Cut and clean the cantaloupe, and then pop it in the freezer overnight.
- When the chunks are nice and frozen (but not bricks; let them thaw a pinch if they’re rock hard) toss them into your blender with the remaining ingredients. Use a little less of the Waku if you’re looking for a nice summer sorbet, or, if you’re looking for an ice-cold drink, add a little more and some additional ice to go with.
- Either way, garnish with some fresh mint (and maybe a piece of fresh sugarcane if you’re looking to impress) and enjoy!