For a different flavor and a healthy take on ultimate comfort food, bake up the Cauli Coli Casserole. Cauliflower and broccoli star in this dish and meld with the flavors of onion, mushrooms, and piquant Parmesan. Crunchy pita chips make up the topping and pull the dish together.
- Cauliflower, 1 head, cut into small florets
- Broccoli, 1-2 heads, cut into small florets
- Red Onion, 1 each, sliced into thin strips
- Shiitake Mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- Pita Chips, 1 bag, crushed into small crumbs
- Butter, 2 Tbsp, melted
- Olive oil, 1-2 Tbsp
- Garlic Powder, 2 tsp
- Salt & Pepper, 2 tsp
- Parmesan Cheese, 2 oz
- Sun-dried Tomatoes, 1 oz, cut into small portions (Optional)
- Clean and cut all produce.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and mix cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, and sun-dried tomatoes in a medium-sized bowl with seasonings.
- Place into a casserole dish or a medium-size sheet tray.
- Mix melted butter and crushed pita chips, and sprinkle over the vegetables.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, or until broccoli and cauliflower are fork-tender.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and cook for another 3-5 minutes and serve!