For a lighter lunch, our chef’s recommend Chicken Basil Caesar Salad, prepped with red and green leaf lettuce for flavor and nutrients. The basil makes its debut in the classic Caesar dressing with a twist. (Serves 4)
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into thin strips, about 2 inch by ½ inch
- Red and green leaf lettuce, cleaned and roughly cut into squares
- 1 lb. tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 cucumber, cut into small half-moon pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cleaned and cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp canola oil
- Basil Caesar Dressing, 6 oz & 2 oz separate
- Parmesan Breadsticks, cut thin and warmed (optional)
- Clean and cut all produce, setting aside.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat.
- While heating, season chicken in a small separate bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add in the 2 oz portion of Basil Caesar and mix thoroughly.
- Add oil and coat pan, then add chicken and spread evenly. (Don’t fuss with the chicken; let it cook for a couple of minutes on it’s own, and when it’s ready to be moved, will come right up.)
- Cook 7-9 minutes, stirring infrequently to get golden-brown sides, until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, assemble the rest of the salad; Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, and the remaining salt and pepper.
- If you’re using, this is a good time to slice and warm the parmesan breadsticks.
- When the chicken has sufficiently cooled, add to the salad, taking care of any remaining juices, add dressing, mix thoroughly and enjoy!
Notes: Feel free to add anything you may have to the recipe; Parmesan or mozzarella cheese, croutons, or flavor the chicken with your favorite buffalo sauce!