Enjoy a taste of summer for lunch in End of Summer Rainbow Swiss Chard Salad. The chard is tossed with a surprising combination of spicy arugula, crunchy green beans, juicy cherry tomatoes, tart raspberries, and aromatic basil. Orange juice and maple syrup add sweetness while a pinch of cayenne pepper spices up the dish. Talk about a rainbow of colors too!
- 1 c. baby arugula
- 1 head little gem lettuce
- 1 c. green beans, trimmed, cut in half, and blanched
- 1 Tbsp basil, fresh
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1 c. of raspberries
- 1 head of rainbow Swiss chard, leaves and stems finely chopped, ends trimmed
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ⅓ c. tahini
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the baby arugula, little gem lettuce, green beans, basil, tomatoes, cucumbers, and raspberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine the orange juice, cayenne pepper, maple syrup, and tahini, and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss all ingredients together and serve immediately.