Want to mix it up and swap out the zucchini? Try our New England Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Root Vegetables Medley. It’s the most delicious way to eat your vegetables! And maple syrup is a must here in New England, right? (Serves 4)
- ¾ lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ¾ lb red potato, diced into 1 inch cubes
- ¾ lb carrots, oblique cut
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 oz parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
Tips for Recipe
- If you don’t have maple syrup, honey and/or brown sugar will suffice.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the brussel sprouts, potatoes, carrots, onion powder, garlic powder, garlic, olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and smoked paprika.
- Toss and fully coat all of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Foil a roasting tray, and brush very lightly with olive oil.
- Spread the vegetable mixture in a single layer, not fully packed on the tray.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, turning tray halfway through to not burn vegetables on the inside of the oven. What you are looking for is a golden-brown delicious color, and that the vegetables are fork tender.
- Remove from the oven, and place ingredients in a casserole dish or plate, garnish with finely chopped parsley and a dusting of smoked paprika.