Farm stands are now overflowing with corn, so we recommend tossing it in our Rootastes’ Summer Corn Salsa and Chips. The recipe calls for plenty of peppers, tomatoes- of course!-, a hearty handful of cheese, and All Souls Tortilla’s corn tortillas for dipping.
Corn Salsa Ingredients
- 2 ears of fresh bi-colored sweet corn, stripped, cooked, and kernels removed
- 2 c. tomatoes, small diced
- ¼ red pepper, brunoise diced
- ¼ green pepper, brunoise diced
- 1 jalapeño, brunoise diced
- ½ red onion, brunoise diced
- ¼ champagne mango, small diced
- ¼ c. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 c. of monterey jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Salsa Sauce Ingredients
- 3 Tbsp Barry’s Hot Sauce Original
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Each Fresh Lime, Juiced
- 1 Tbsp Blue Agave
- 1 bag Organic Corn Tortillas (All Souls Tortilla)
- Prepare and trim all vegetables, then incorporate into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the salsa sauce and gradually add the sauce to prepared vegetables.
- Mix well and finally, season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with shredded cheese on top and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Heat a large pot of vegetable oil to 375°F filled about ¾ full, using a thermometer to check and keep at temperature.
- Cut the fresh tortilla circles into quarters and separate them from each other.
- Carefully place tortillas into oil a handful at a time.
- Fry until golden brown and take them out with a hand strainer or a spider ladle.
- Put into a bowl lined with paper towels, dash with a touch of kosher salt and let sit until dried.