Serve up Salmon with Creamy Garlic Tuscan Sauce and Spinach for a satisfying Italian meal. The omega-3 loaded fish is enveloped in thick cream that’s bursting with pungent garlic, sweet sundried tomatoes, piquant Parmesan, and topped with iron-rich, creamy spinach.
- 3 salmon filets
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small yellow onion, brunoise
- 5 oz sundried tomatoes
- ⅓ c. vegetable broth
- 1¾ c. heavy cream
- 3 c. spinach leaves
- ½ c. grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, minced, to garnish
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Then sear, presentation side down first until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the filets from the pan, place onto a plate and cover to keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt the butter in the remaining juices in the pan. Add garlic and saute until lightly browned and aromatic. Add the onions and saute until they are translucent. Add sundried tomatoes and mix until they are softened.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and set heat to high until boiling, then simmer down until slightly reduced.
- Reduce the heat to very low and add heavy cream, bring to a very slight simmer, and stir constantly so the cream sauce does not burn or scorch on the bottom. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add the spinach in and cook until wilted. Once wilted, add the Parmesan cheese and allow the sauce to simmer more until the cheese is fully melted and binded with the sauce.
- Finally, add the filets back to the pan and pour several spoonfuls of the sauce onto the filets, then sprinkle with parsley and additional Parmesan cheese to your liking. Serve immediately and enjoy!