For even more apple, the Shredded Rainbow Carrot and Apple Salad with Cider Vinaigrette will have you dreaming of crisp fall days at the orchard. Dried cranberries give it a hint of holiday cheer (Serves 4).
- 2 c. romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and julienned
- 2 c. rainbow carrots, shaved into matchsticks
- ¼ c. dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp toasted, crushed pistachios
- 2½ Tbsp feta, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp shallots, brunoise
- 2 Tbsp apple cider
- 1 Tbsp Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp blue agave
- Extra virgin olive oil, to emulsify
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, toss the shallots, apple cider, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, and blue agave into one mixed liquid. Gently pour extra virgin olive oil into the liquid and whisk at the same time until the dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In another large mixing bowl, place lettuce, apples, rainbow carrots, dried cranberries, and mix.
- Gradually pour the dressing along the sides of the salad bowl and gently mix it into the salad. Garnish with pistachios and feta cheese.
- Plate in either salad bowl to share or individual settings. Best if eaten right away. Enjoy!