Our Spring Forward Vegi Vegi is an old-time classic in the stockpot, but who needs soup when you could have all the good stuff without it? Roasted, garlicky baby potatoes and carrots, topped off with a savory, colorful pesto sauce. (Serves 4-5)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°
- Cut Rainbow Carrots and Yukon Gold New Potatoes to bite size pieces
- In a large mixing bowl mix the potatoes and rainbow carrots with 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tbsp Fresh Zen Ginger Scallion sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and to ensure the flavor reaches each ingredient.
- Spread evenly on a roasting pan and place into the oven
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes (Preferably on the top rack of the oven).
- Check for a delicious char and fork tender consistency with the potatoes and carrots.
- Take the pan out of the oven with caution then put into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with a drizzle of 2 tbsp Fresh Zen Ginger Scallion
Rootastes' Rosemary Garlic Chimichurri
Want to make your own sauce? We got you covered! Find our signature Rosemary Garlic Chimichurri sauce below. Use it to garnish this dish or any of your favorite dishes!
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 3 tbsp White-Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- ½ cup Chopped Parsley
- ¾ tsp. Kosher Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Heat ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil and 1 tsp rosemary in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the rosemary is aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar and garlic.
- Whisk in the rosemary oil and 1/4 cup water.
- Stir in the parsley, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. black pepper (don’t worry if the emulsion separates).
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper.