Get your veggies in with these summer inspired sides. Summer Balsamic Roasted Root Vegetables tosses potatoes, zucchini, Brussels sprouts, and kohlrabi with balsamic vinegar, rosemary, Italian herbs, honey, and more for a juicy, crunchy, and herbaceously sweet side.
- ½ lb Yukon Gold potatoes, medium diced
- 1 medium zucchini, medium dice
- ½ lb Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 purple kohlrabi, trimmed, peeled, and medium diced
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh curly parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the vegetable to specified cuts.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the vegetables with the oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix using your hands to make sure everything is mixed properly and that each ingredient is spread through the mix.
- Grab a roasting tray and place a sheet of foil on to the tray.
- Brush lightly with oil, pour the ingredients onto the tray and roast for about 30-35 minutes.
- Make sure to stir and rotate the vegetables about half way through. Garnish with parsley.
- Serve on a plate or casserole dish.